Sunday, December 17, 2006

personal first and last post

You probably know how powerful a word can be. Sometimes when one feels a little low in oomph a couple, well chosen and out of the blue can make a big impact. In fact in this case, such a big impact that they’ve brought on a creative crisis.

They’ve made me realise that I’ve got a public. And its you, Nava. Oh and a fine upstanding republican chap known as the Johnny b. (No I don’t think he’s republican really. That’s ironic brit humour. So its not funny? Even more ironic, huh?)

Anyway now I feel I can no longer maintain my exclusive correspondence with the moon, the stars and the dark night sky. My days of artistic solitude are at an end because ……….. someone, apart from a few very close friends who only do it because they know i'm going to test them on it later, might actually be reading my stuff.

I’ll have to speak to my agent for advice. Should I continue with my wrandom wrambling style? Or should I focus on turning out more of what first made me famous? I am famous aren’t I? Please say I’m famous.

What about the implications for my heirs? (I haven’t actually got any heirs. But they do say it never hurts to plan ahead.) Will there be dynastic duels over the rights to my oeuvre? (The aforementioned lack of heirs probably answers that one. But you must remember it is the function of the writer to imagine.)

Or perhaps you think I’m over-reacting a little? Possibly a surge of meteor endorphins caused by the butterfly kiss of recognition has lead to irrational euphoria? (is all euphoria irrational?)

You could be right.

But thanks anyway for your second instalment of kind words. Which at the very least allows me to say again how much I liked your portrait of Nitzku. And trust me. I am not so shallow as to say that just because you were nice to me. No I’m not. I really am not.

It’s a beautiful portrait. Wedged with love.

2 comments:

Nava said...

Oh mighty and not-a-bit-shallow one...
I am speechless.
You see, I have quite a few British friends, so I am quite familiar with the sense of humor of you peoples. I get magnetized by its cutting dryness, which is quite close to my people's mentality.
And yet, none of them has prepared me to yours!
(well, none of them is from Wales, so there you go. So far, only England and Scotland).
Thus, it's hard for me to separate the jest from the seriousness, the sarcasm from the euphoria.

Sorry, but yes - you now have a public.
In my defense, I'll say that I just happened to bump into your blog by clicking on the "Next Blog" button with bored eyes, and - voila! And so, I loyally informed the good Republican, and we both got hooked.

Cracking under the pressure?
Let's hope you are not.
You simply cannot deprive the world from your words.
And yes, words do have power.

Famous?
Well, I admit that I have a link on my blog to yours, so - you never know.
But, worry not.
Most blog readers do not leave comments. they read - and run away, and come back for more.
And only if you listen carefully, you can hear the elusive whisper of anonymous applause...

I am very tempted to have a post on my blog, that crowns yours as "Blog of the Month", but I need to first figure out whether that would make you disappear completely...

Shall I have my agent talk to yours? ;-)

And thanks, again, for your words about the portrait. Yes, it was indeed painted with love.
And a sable brush.

Anonymous said...

HarpWales - Blogging is like telling stories at a pub, you'll never know who'll listen in, and then try to elicte more.

I am a humble Blog reader, so far be it for me to tell you what to write, unlike CherkyB. Now he'll tell you what to write, what to call yourself, and if you're insulting the JohnnyB enough.

See - CherkyB really is a Republican. I'm more of a moderate - liberal in most social areas, but much more conservative when it comes to money and defense.

But, CherkyB is a more interesting Blogger than I am, as you can tell from his readership level, so some of it must work. Not sure if the Johnny insults are as funny in Wales, where no one really nows me!